Pages

Monday 24 June 2019

RENEWABLE ENERGY!!!

This term in reading I have been reading about this article called Renewable Energy. We read about it because for our  PBL we are looking at how we can help our environment. 

Here are the 5 energy sources that are good for the environment. I summarised the article to help understand what I was reading

1. Solar - Light energy form the sun can be used to heat water and make electricity. It is collected by solar panels. 

2. Hydroelectric energy -  Hydroelectric energy uses the power of moving water. Dams are built to direct river water so that it drives electricity making machinery.

3. Geothermal - Rocks and water deep underground are hot geothermal. This heat can be used to create electricity.

4. Wind - Wind power is collected using wind turbines. The wind turns their blades setting off machinery that changes the energy into electricity.

5. Biomass - Plants can be used as fuels corps leftover food wood and waste can be burned to make energy. 



Do you know how you could make energy or use less energy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post